Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Media against BJP -Varun Gandhi

The latest media campaign against the BJP seems to be gaining speed. Varun Gandhi's alleged communal remarks are being brought into centerstage, again as a distraction from actual poll issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCRSzD01xI

(Why are statements where someone says I will protect Hindus reminiscent of a villian in a B grade movie?!! Also, the commentator Rupashree Nanda calls the Islamic threat - Imaginary persecution!!!)

It is actually not surprising that this was released by Sardesai's CNN-IBN (a rabidly anti hindu news channel). These news media people need a sound verbal thrashing if not a public whipping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cBRi9cwi2E&feature=related

(Another disgustingly narrated news piece by some freak anchor (Ranjit Mishra) spewing crap in highly exagerrated (typical of low grade hindi news) and very irritating Hindi making a mockery of a very serious issue facing the Hindus in Philbit)


http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20090088063&ch=3182009103900PM

"I am proud of my faith and not apologetic about it. I am a Gandhi, Hindu and an Indian in equal measure," said Varun Gandhi, Leader, BJP."Hindutva embraces tolerance with justice, compassion with courage and inclusivity with insight. Nothing I have ever said or done has been intended to insight hatred. I am pro India not anti-anybody. Since, the UP assembly elections, the Pilibhit constituency and the entire of central UP, which is about 20 districts, has been witness to a number of communal and provocative incidents," Varun added.

"It is a crime to be called Hindu in this country why should I apologise? The slaughtered remains of cows have been found in homes, no action has been taken. Thousands and thousands of people from the Hindu community have been placed under arrest in NSA. Three temples have been vandalised in the block in which I am supposed to have given this speech. Village Pradhans have been threatened daily.My attempt has been to boost confidence of a community which has been under siege in its own country. When things are seen out of context, there is always a danger of misunderstanding. India is a big country, with a big heart. There is room in it for all to live in goodwill. That is my sincere hope and effort."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/cd-tampered-claims-varun-but-admits-rousing-speech/435953/

“If you ask me, I would say yes, it was a rousing speech, a strong speech. May be I should not have been so aggressive; may be, I should not have used the words which I did. However, certain expressions attributed to me have been distorted from what I spoke and one of the two CDs containing my speech has been doctored.”

“What people should realize is that I was speaking at a village where four girls had been raped. When I spoke, I wanted to instil confidence among victims, I wanted to offer hope to the hopeless. I don’t care about a warrant (for arrest) but what bothers me is that I should not be hurting anyone and, believe me, my intent was not to hurt anybody,” Varun said.

“You must appreciate the fact that in my area, there has been persecution of Hindus in a particular belt. There have been 11 cases of rape in the last one year. People have been thrashed and threatened. There has been communal tension in this belt for one year. While I don’t want to cement it (tension), I cannot wish it away either.”

“My mother (Menaka Gandhi) has been elected to Lok Sabha from Pilibhit in seven consecutive elections, but the constituency has never witnessed a communal riot, not even in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement phase. But during the last one year, things have been different. Many of our people, including former minister Ram Saran Verma, have been arrested under the National Security Act,” he said.

“What I referred to was ‘galat tatva’ (wrong elements) and not any community in one of the lines that has been described as inflammatory. How does it have any communal overtone? The second CD in circulation is doctored,” Varun said.

In a press release issued later, he said: “In the instance, where I have taken oath in the name of the Gita (which is standard court procedure), I have sworn to protect Hindus against any ‘galat tatva’ or bad elements. This was said in the context of two young Hindu girls having been recently raped in a village. The object of the speech was to instil confidence in a badly-scarred and shaken community. I never mentioned a word against or said anything derogatory against any community.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Ive-been-a-victim-of-political-conspiracy-Varun-Gandhi/articleshow/4280751.cms

"If anyone raises a finger towards Hindus or if someone thinks that Hindus are weak and leaderless, if someone thinks that these leaders lick our boots for votes, if anyone raises a finger towards Hindus, then I swear on Gita that I will cut that hand."
(I wonder what is wrong or communal in this statement?)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/BJP_doublespeak_as_Varun_unapologetic/articleshow/4282580.cms

The Media here asks a question to Venkaiah Naidu which insinnuates that being proud of Hinduism is a crime to be ashamed of!!

"On Varun Gandhi remaining unapologetic with assertions that he was a Gandhi, Hindu and an Indian in equal measure, Naidu asked, "so what is wrong in being a Hindu?""

Instead of putting light on the situation in Philbit and giving a complete picture to the whole episode, the media has once again chosen to show just one side of the story to suit their political rquirements!

Also, this is something that one person might have said in one constituency. What is the need for the Media to make this into a huge national level issue? They did not seem to mind when the Congress and communists make communal and seccessionist statements!!

No comments:

Post a Comment